Skin Needling Treatment in Melbourne
At Regenerer, it is our mission to provide the highest quality treatments and products to our clients to achieve the best possible results. Skin needling has been around in Melbourne for many years and we pride ourselves in specializing in this popular treatment. Skin needling, otherwise known as collagen induction therapy, is designed to regenerate and enhance skin texture, soften scars and smooth fine lines and wrinkles.
Treatments are performed with a surgical-grade device containing fine micro needles ranging from 0.25-2.5mm in length. A controlled trauma to the skin is created by safely penetrating the epidermis and dermis improving the outward appearance of the treated area. Each tiny puncture creates a microscopic hole that triggers the body’s natural healing cascade, stimulating the production of collagen. Due to the formation of new blood vessels and creation of collagen, there will be a noticeable improvement in overall skin texture and firmness. Results can be seen within 4-6 weeks and the healing process is noticeably faster than other, more aggressive treatments.
Each treatment will generally take place 4-6 weeks apart and a series of at least 3 sessions to begin with is recommended. The amount of treatments required will vary from person to person due to each individual skin concern.
Skin needling is a simple and effective way of targeting specific skin concerns such as:
- Fading stretch marks
- Reducing or eliminating scars
- Reducing the appearance of fine lines and deep wrinkles
- Tightening sagging skin
- Reducing and controlling cellulite
- Reducing pore size
- Suitable for thin and sensitive skin types, dark to light skin colours
- The procedure is effective and well-tolerated by most patients (topical anaesthetic applied)
- Safe to repeat as required, since there is no damage to the epidermis in the same way as ablative laser
- Can be performed on sensitive areas not normally suitable for laser resurfacing
- Very little downtime (2-3 days) localized redness
- Skin needling does not cause a visible line between treated and untreated skin.
- Face, hands, neck, back and chest can also be treated.
Non-surgical anti-aging treatments are becoming increasingly popular with evolutionary equipment and advanced products which can provide optimal results without weeks of down time. Take advantage of a free consultation at our Moorabbin clinic today with one of our highly trained and skilled practitioners. We can offer an individualized treatment plan to ensure you receive treatments that best suit your skin type and skin concerns.